There are many reasons that act as hurdles in the path towards achieving your desired financial goals. Though we all aim to make it big, the results are not always the same for everyone. This is not because we lack the ability, but simply good money advice.
Here is the list of bestsellers on personal finance that will be really helpful for everyone looking for useful tips on personal finance in order to achieve their desired financial goals:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad This book by Robert T. Kiyosaki was published in 1999, and became a New York Times bestseller. In this book Robert shows the perception of rich and poor people towards money. He shows this difference with a comparison between his biological father, who was financially struggling individual though he was hard working and his best friend's father, a rich man with a series of savvy investments. Apart from this, the book also emphasizes the importance of financial independence by developing entrepreneurship, passive and portfolio income instead of a traditional salary.
- The Wealthy Barber This book tells you easy and down-to-earth financial planning steps with a huge dosage of humor. Author David Chilton created a fictional character Roy the barber to portray that building a personal financial habit and being prepared with emergency funds is never out of style. David also states that everyone should focus on long-term wealth building plans rather than quick-rich schemes. Because Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Richest Man in Babylon This is an ultimate classic by George Clason published in 1926. Clason has used spiritual lessons of ancient times to teach modern investors about their finances. There are many financial advisers and investors who have adapted his lessons and stated how it helped them with personal finances. The main point on which Clason has stressed the most in order to achieve a desired financial goal is to focus on savings. As it states, we should budget our expenses to reflect our goals.
- Think and Grow Rich This is one of the best known books of all time by “Grandaddy of Motivational Literature” Napoleon Hill which was originally published in 1937. This classic novel entails 13 major steps that each and every one should keep in mind if they want to achieve their desired financial goals. This book was written by him after interviewing many successful and wealthy individuals like Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, John d. Rockefeller and many more. The main focus of the book is towards positive thinking. As Napoleon states in this book that “you are master of your destiny, you can influence, direct and control your destiny. It's all in your mind.”
- The Intelligent Investor Benjamin Graham's one of the best classics “The Intelligent Investor : The Definitive Book On Value Investing” was originally published in 1949. This novel is a sort of a bible for investors. The main point that it teaches the investors is that “Mr. Market is your servant not your master.” Unlike others, Benjamin teaches in this book how to discipline yourself, research a lot before investing and work on your analytical ability to make sound investment. Rather than going for “hot piece of cake”.
These are some amazing classic novels which you must get this summer, and make the most of your free time while relaxing. These classic bestsellers have everything one needs to know about the personal finance.