Christmas is a holiday that many enjoy spending with their friends, family members, and loved ones. After all, that’s the real purpose of the holiday – to spend time with the people you love and care about.
However, for many people, the holidays can be a real source of stress because of the financial burdens it can put on them.
Many people travel over the holiday season when airline tickets and gas prices are highest, while others may need to rent hotel rooms to be near the people they love.
If you’re going to take a family vacation during the holiday, you probably already know how expensive that can be. That doesn’t even include gifts, which is another part of the holiday.
While an instant cash advance can help, there are some ways you can celebrate without spending a fortune. Use instant cash advances to buy a gift or two. Do it right and you won’t break the bank.
Here are 8 unconventional ways to celebrate Christmas with style:
- Volunteer to Give Back to Your Community. Volunteering is a great way to spend time with friends and family.
- Make Gifts for Friends and Family. It might sound hard, but there are all sorts of DIY gifts that everyone on your list will love.
- Help Those in Need by Inviting them to Your Home for the Holidays. They’ll appreciate being with your family. Gifts are encouraged if you’ll be passing them out to people in your home.
- Put Good Deeds on Paper Stars and Hang them on the Christmas Tree. This is a wonderful way to show and keep track of what each person did while decorating your tree.
- Skip the Gifts Altogether. This is hard for people with kids, but adults can do it with ease.
- Give Each Other Handmade Cards Instead of Buying. Go back to grade school and use that construction paper!
- Have a Canned Food Drive. Collect from your neighbours and donate a week before Christmas.
- Throw a Potluck. Everyone can show off their favourite dishes and it’s an affordable, fun event.